domingo, 22 de marzo de 2015

Simple Present For Verb TO BE



VERB TO BE




                      Be (ser)                                                          Be (estar)

                     We use Be as “ser” for                                  We use Be as “estar” for
                   -Jobs and professions,                                    -places:  * I am in the house
                    *         I am an engineer.                            
                   -relationships                                                 -adjectives of mood :  * You are sad
                    *     He is my father.                                            
                   -adjectives of appearance                              -as an auxiliary to write sentences
                    *    She is beautiful                                         in present continue.
                   - Nationalities                                                   * I am reading a letter. 
              *    We are Salvadoreans                                                 
                               



PRONOUN
VERB TO BE
PRONOUN
VERB TO BE

SINGULAR

PLURAL

1st
I
AM
WE
ARE
2nd
YOU
ARE
YOU
ARE

HE



3rd
SHE
IS
THEY
ARE

IT






  Fill in the blanks with am, is, are.

  1. You ____________ a mechanic.
  2. He ____________  a teacher.
  3. She ____________ a student.
  4. My mother ____________ a secretary.
  5. My father ____________ a bus driver.
  6. Michael Jackson ____________ a singer.
  7. I ____________ a painter.
  8. We ____________ carpenters.
  9. Billy ____________ a mason.
  10. They ____________ pilots.

Affirmative, Negative and Interrogative forms of verb To Be.

Affirmative
Negative
Interrogative
I am a student.
I am not a student.
Am I a student?
You are a carpenter.
You are not a carpenter.
Are you a carpenter?
He is a doctor.
He is not a doctor.
Is he a doctor?
She is a dentist.
She is not a dentist.
Is she a dentist?
We are teachers.
We are not teachers.
Are we teachers?
You are drivers.
You are not drivers.
Are you drivers?
They are mechanics.
They are not mechanics.
Are they mechanics?









No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario